We believe that internationally-minded people are globally engaged and value intercultural understanding, to ensure our programme helps develop this we provide opportunities to develop multilingualism and global engagement.
K9 Carts XS 5-15lb 2 wheels wheelchair cart for dogs nstqjz3547-Other Dog Supplies
- SEALS SEALFLEX BIB OVER TROUSERS GREEN - XSMALL - SEA0140
- Dog Proof Cat Litter Box Enclosed XL Top Entry Enter Open Pan High Access Kitty
- 94 x Paw Print Dog Lead & Collar Set - Collar 21 cm - Lead 120 cm
- Petego Rear Car Seat Predector 51 X43 Anthracite 786306721367
- Manteau Worcester Outdoor 76cm (30 ) red
- 17 Yamabuki Ogon Butterfly Koi Fish Live Kloubec Koi (U2)
- Neater Feeder Deluxe Dog All Sizes The Mess Proof Elevated Bowls Stainless Steel
- NEU BIOTHANE Hundeleine Leine Fährtenleine Schleppleine 15m rund 6mm neon yellow
- Bernese Mountain Dog M2 Dog Bath Towel Cotton Embroidery + Text of your choice
- Parred Bird Pet Aviator Harness Bird Safety Suit & Leash Medium
- Beeztees Dog Lounge Pillows Sweat Grey, New
- Sprenger Snap On Pinch-prong Dog Training Collar
- Puppia Modish Harness B L orange
- Folding Wire Crate - Extra Large
- THERMOSTAT TIMER ALARM AQUARIUM TERRARIUM DIGITAAL EXTERN BEELDSCHERM NL TXC
- ANDIS ULTRAEDGE SCHERKOPF SIZE 15 1,2 MM AESCULAP - MOSER - WAHL - OSTER NEU
- Full spectrum 42W LED retrofit upgrade - JBJ Cubey 15 gallon reef aquarium light
- PLS Birdsong Lounger Sofa, Medium, Firm Orthopedic Dog Bed, Foam Dog Bed, Dog
- Extra Large 4 Sided Heavy Duty Pet Puppy Playpen Crate Pen Welping Dog Cage UKED
- Universal 3-spoke metal car divider suitable for floor mounting Fuss-dog
- Quilted Heavy Duty Boot Mat Liner For Peugeot 306 Estate 1997 - 2002
- Frisch Haustier Konzentrat Equiv 125L Hundehütte Desinfektionsmittel (Kirsche)
- NEW TEMPTATIONS Classic Treats for Cats Tempting Tuna Flavor 16 Ounce Tubs
- Hagen Fluval Advanced Electronic Aquarium E Heaters 50W 100W 200W 300W LCD
- Andis Egt Cat Blade 10 - Ultraedge
- Hip Cardigan Cardigan pink S
- Maquina cortar blueejos, porcelanico 90 cm
- Doghouse Dog House Pet Puppy Shelter Home Bed Roof Kennel Indoor Outdoor Plastic
- PSUSA BD-16K BOUNDARY KIT 500' 16 GAUGE SOLID CORE WIRE
- Laifug Memory Foam Water Proof Large Dog Bed Durable Liner Removable Washable
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Dog - Sensitivity Control SC 21 Dry Dog Food - 7kg
- Penn Plax Pump & Filter Kit Cascade 80 10 Gallon
- Jebao APP-5000 5200GPH Fish Pond & Waterfall Water Pump UL Listed 3-prong Plug
- DOG TRAINING HARNESS WITH HANDLE AND LED LIGHTS LOOK POLICE K9 SCHUTZHUND
- 12Inch set of 4 Practice Agility Jump
- POWERFUL Oster A6 Slim 3 Speed Professional Grooming Clipper - Choose Pattern
- Anti-Rutsch Kofferraumwanne Laderaumwanne Kofferraummatte Kia Sportage K00
- Wolters Dog Lead Terravita round Mango, Various Sizes, New
- Quilted Rear Pet Dog Boot Liner Lip Predector For BMW 6 SERIES CONgreenIBLE
- ETIRA Pet exclusive use drier low noise optimum temperature dog cat supplies
- Ferribiella Scaldotto Small Dog Mat 45 x 61 cm
- Easy Stream PRO ES-18 Wavemaker 4000L h 10W Strömungspumpe Wireless Control
- Pet Gear Designer 2 Step Pet Stair with Removable Cover
- Pet Gear Lookout Booster Car Seat, Removable Comfort Pillow, Safety Tether...
- Aquarium Driftwood Bonsai Tree Quince Aquascape Fish Planted Freshwater BE-40
- IB Logo
- 10 Gallone Cubey Aquarium Ständer 36 white Schrank für Nano Fisch Tank By
- CIS Logo
A leading IB world school offering personalised learning within a vibrant community
This year, as part of the Grade Five programme of inquiry under the ‘How We Express Ourselves’ theme, students inquired into the idea of artists as activists.
As part of ISZL’s commitment to intercultural awareness, long-serving teachers are offered the opportunity to apply to take a sabbatical. Since 2015 twelve teachers have designed and participated in programmes to enrich themselves, communities around the world and ultimately ISZL student life.
Having the very best quality of teachers at ISZL is an essential requirement for a leading international school. The continuing development of our teachers is a priority and we provide many opportunities for development to teachers individually and also develop partnerships as an institution to help enhance this further.
The Primary School German Team has been involved in a diverse range of activities and events throughout the past few years, which have strengthened our connections with the local community. By getting our students out of the standard classroom situations, learning German becomes fun and engaging and offering students unique learning experiences gives us authentic links to the German language.
ISZL recognises that children need to nurture their multilingual talents to succeed in increasingly global and linguistically diverse environments. Indeed with over sixty different ISZL community languages, ISZL is itself a global community. Its location in the middle of Switzerland, a small quadrilingual country nestled within a plurilingual continent, adds yet another layer of linguistic complexity.
Our students are not only impacting the lives of many young people in Africa but are also embarking on a powerful and personal learning journey. As always with our service learning programme, the motive behind the student involvement is to nurture self-development, focusing on the essential life skills; leadership confidence, collaboration, initiative, critical thinking, problem-solving, adaptability, creativity, imagination and compassionate attitudes. The skill set, always valued, is now critical for success in the 21st century.
Who could have foreseen back 1961, when ISZL opened its doors for the first time, and twelve students connected to the newly relocated Jeep corporation manufacturing plant sat down in their new classroom, that the Canton of Zug and ISZL were entering into a symbiotic partnership, the fruits of which now provides over four-hundred companies and the children of their employees with both a beautiful home away from home and a thriving international educational community?
At ISZL, in our "Early Years Vision in Action" we describe play as "a powerful vehicle for exploration and learning". But what do we mean by 'play', why do we value it and what is the link between play and learning?
Consider the future for our current Kindergarten students and what the world will be like when they graduate in the year 2031. Given the technological advances we are witnessing today, any description of our future that does not resemble something out of a science fiction story may likely represent an underestimation of the changes that will impact our lives.
The ISZL Arts Programme is an expression of individual and shared joy within the school community. In the following pages, three families share their experiences of the richness of music, theatre and the visual arts from the primary years right through middle school and into high school.
Together with our four children, my husband Bas and I moved to Switzerland in the summer of 2018. This was our third move in the last eight years. We are a Dutch family and our first expatriation was to Moscow, Russia, where three of our children started school and our youngest son was born.
In January 2019, the Board of Trustees announced the appointment of Mr Daniel Urech as Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Previously, Dan served on the Board of the Riverside School from its establishment in 1990 and was ISZL’s first Board Chairman from 2008 to 2012.
One of the joys of studying and teaching at ISZL is Zug’s beautiful old town. Students enjoy opportunities in the curriculum to appreciate the local landmarks and history. Early Years Teacher Sarah Osborne uses the ‘How the World Works’ unit to inquire into local architecture and in particular the 13th-century clocktower ‘Der Zytturm’ located in Kolinplatz.
Last year ISZL launched a range of initiatives to connect with the local community and enable students to learn in an authentic context. We believe the interactions and relationships between different sections of our own school community are equally important, and recently students in Grade 3 and Grade 11 came together for a special German collaboration. Find out more by clicking the title.